Yesterday, I wrote a blog post about the questions you should answer for yourself as you create a new website for your small business. Interestingly, Chris Brogan published a post the same day, with his own list of questions. In his list, Chris focused exclusively on the questions your target customer should ask about your site.
- Who do you want me to be?
- How will I know that I belong?
- What do you want to show/tell me?
- What do you want me to do?
- How will we keep this relationship going?
- How shall I talk of you to my friends?
He suggests the answers to these questions guide your design elements(choice of color, font style and size and images) your navigation, call to action and follow up strategy. Ultimately, a website is about the customer. Productive sites are built for their information and pleasure. Is yours?
Want to learn more about web design? Check out my seminar on Wednesday, May 5 from 3:30 – 5:00 on how to improve the ROI of your Website
The program will be hosted at the Offices of Trustpointe
6666 E. 75th St., Ste. 150, Indianapolis
In this 90 minute program you will discover:
- How to use social media, email and even traditional media to drive traffic to your site
- How to create forms and offers to convert visitors into prospects
- How to use blog posts and drip campaigns to increase repeat visits, demonstrate your expertise, engage your community and increase your sales.
Cost: $35 Click here to register
This seminar is brought to you by Roundpeg, an Indianapolis web design company.