Meg at the ‘Peg
Roundpeg is excited to welcome Megan Wendholt to the Little White house. She is joining the team as part of our merger with Deksia. Here’s a little about Megan in her own words.
I’ve been with Deksia (on and off, see details below) since 2012. “Started as an intern, now I’m here,” as the kids say. I joined Deksia as the company’s first intern after I graduated from Purdue University with a Public Relations & Advertising degree in 2012.
Over the next few years, I grew into the project manager role, was the point person for client relations, oversaw production, and helped with bookkeeping. I took a hiatus from Deksia, worked a few other jobs, and ultimately came back to Deksia for its sense of community, ever-changing and challenging environment, and the honest-to-goodness fun that we have on a daily basis.
Now as the Chief of Staff at Deksia, I focus on our team’s wellness, acquiring rockstar talent, and organizing our company to scale; which brings me to the Roundpeg team! I will oversee the integration of Roundpeg into Deksia with my focus being on what brings me the most joy: people! Advocating for the team, ensuring that each individual continues to enjoy and feel a (healthy) challenge in their role, and supporting Roundpeg’s clients as has been done for years absolutely energizes me!
Lessons Learned from “The Grass is Greener”…
Reading between the lines of my LinkedIn profile:
2012 – 2016 | Deksia | Project Manager
- Wore a lot of hats
- Became overwhelmed with the hats
- Gave 2 weeks notice & left a flourishing career path
- Lesson learned: Trust your manager; confide in them and ask for help when you need it.
2016 – 2018 | IT Company | Client Experience & Operations
- Learned more about servers, Windows computers, and WiFi networks than I ever thought I would know
- Assisted in a successful acquisition of the company, after the owner passed away suddenly
- Again, wore many hats, gained much versatile experience
- Lesson learned: In light of the owner’s passing; life is short. “If not now, when?”
2018 – 2019 | Vet Clinic | Marketing Director & Facilities Manager
- Managed a team, coordinated vendors
- Responded to client concerns
- Cared for animals
- Lesson learned: I followed my passion, but passion wasn’t everything for me. I wanted a culture that aligns with my personal values.
2019 | Deksia | Chief of Staff
- Focus on team wellness, rockstar talent, organizing the company to scale
- Integrating Roundpeg into the Deksia family
- Lesson learned: New ones everyday. No regrets in leaving Deksia because I learned so much from the journey. I am more confident and content personally and professionally because of this path.
Enneagram Six: The Loyalist
I am a big fan of the Enneagram. If you’re not familiar with this personality test, I highly suggest you take a look. It is THE personality test where I align with every single result, tendency, and personality trait that comes with being a “Six.”
I will leave you with the Enneagram Institute’s definition of a “Six” as an honest, accurate representation of who I am and what I bring to the Roundpeg team.
“The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent “troubleshooters,” they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.”
got a project?
Whether you need a new website or some help with your social media we are ready to start the conversation.