For many small businesses, summer means one thing: interns. Should you be hiring an intern? Do they need to be paid? And what should they be getting out of it, anyway? Lorraine and Allison use their years of supervising–and being!–interns to shed light on how interns can be a big help to your business, and how they can slow you down.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- You enjoy teaching
- You want to take on some non profit projects
- Groom someone as a future employee
Why is an internship good for a student? They have a chance to learn:
- Basics of life in a real business
- How to respond to criticism
- If what they are studying is what you really want to do
Want to learn more? Listen to the rest of the show now or download from iTunes
To learn more about the ups and downs of working with interns in small businesses, check out out blog.