Congrats to the 2012 Companies to Watch
I spend a lot of time in the tech community, so it is easy to forget that there are many cool and interesting companies in Indiana from all sectors.
I was reminded of this recently when I attended the Companies to Watch Celebration last week. This award recognizes the achievements of innovative local companies past the startup phases who are making contributions to our state.
And the contributions are impressive:
- Revenue: $229 million in total annual revenue
- Solid Growth: 25.4 percent increase in total annual revenue compared to 2010
- Jobs: 1,096 full-time equivalent employees (897 in Indiana, 199 out of state )
- Job Growth: 171 net new jobs projected for 2012 (174 in Indiana, 3 out of state)
These companies are proof that the future of our economy can depend on locally grown companies.
Are you running a company we should be watching? The nominations typically open in February.
Business criteria includes:
- Being headquartered in Indiana, privately held, and past the startup stage
- Exhibiting innovative products or processes
- Employing six to 150 full-time employees (or equivalent) and have between $750,000 to $100 million in annual revenue or capital
- Demonstrated high performance in the marketplace
Congratulations to all the companies nominated–will we see you nominated next year?