While most of the companies we surveyed indicated they use Facebook to promote their business, few seem to be seeing any real result from their activities. As we dove into the data we found few had a specific, or consistent approach to the process.
- Less than half the companies surveyed indicated they had a specific Facebook strategy. Just like any other marketing endeavor, without a clear strategy which is focused on achieving specific goals, the activities can keep you busy without producing any real results.
- About 60% of the companies who responded to our survey indicated they had a fan page, yet less than 10% had created a custom welcome page. While repeat visitors to your page can skip over the welcome page, it creates a simple branded experience for the first time visitor, inviting them to become a fan.
- Significantly more cost effective the the Google counterpart Facebook ads provide an opportunity to present information to a very specific niche. Surprisingly less than 30% of the companies responding to the survey took advantage of this medium. And among those who did, the monthly spending budget was relatively low with 90% spending $100 or less a month and the rest indicating their budget was less than $500/month.
When asked about their fan page strategy here are a few of the things building owners told us about what they do with Facebook and why:
- It is an inexpensive way to continue to build your brand.
- Make sure you know who you are before beginning to put your brand in a social media outlet.
- Make sure you have a strategy and relevant content for your fan base.
Do you have a tip or strategy? Share it here!