About two years ago I found an article by Mary Smith with some ideas on how to use Facebook to reach Baby Boomers. At the time, I wasn’t sure I agreed with her, that Facebook had the potential to be more than a social networking website, geared primarily for college – early twenty market. She argued, it could also be used as part of a small business marketing toolkit.
Today, I know she was right. Her advice is as relevant, if not more so today than it was two years ago. She recommended:
- In addition to creating your profile you should create a page for your business. ( These are now called Fan Pages)
- Start a group,
- Use the events feature and polls to gather information and gently market to your “friends”.
To her list I would add:
- Create special offers and coupons just for your fans
- Take photos at events, post and tag them with names of guests, so they show up on other pages on Facebook
- Connect your Twiiter and blog updates to your fan page.
Read the rest of the article …