More than a Few WordsA marketing conversation for business owners.
Episode # 287 - Audit Your Website Pt. 2 - Content
Your website has to do more than just look good, it needs to be filled with keyword rich, recent and relevant content. In the second of a four-part series, Lorraine looks at some of the most common content mistakes and how to avoid them.
Here some things to look for as you audit website content
- You” centered content – Even though this is your website, your content should speak to the needs of your customers
- Impersonal content – You aren’t a robot, and your web copy shouldn’t shouldn’t sound like it was written by one.
- Stale content – Customers, prospects, and search engines are always looking for something new. You don’t have to rewrite every single page, but you need to be routinely adding new information.
- Shallow content – 200 words just doesn’t cut anymore. If people ( and search engines ) come to a page, the expectation is there will be substantial information (400 words at least) on the page.
- Large blocks with no subheads – Use headings to make it easier to skim your content and help search engines figure out what the most important information on the page is.
- No resources or logical next step – When someone makes it to the bottom of the page there needs to be a next logical step.
<iframe src='https://www.podbean.com/media/player/jxvhi-79a8a3?from=yiiadmin' data-link='https://www.podbean.com/media/player/jxvhi-79a8a3?from=yiiadmin' height='100' width='100%' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' data-name='pb-iframe-player' ></iframe>
Interested in learning more tips and tricks for small businesses? Check out our training page to see when we’re hosting Webinars and Seminars.