Social Media for Small Business
Social Media is not a fad! I know many small business owners are still sitting on the sidelines, waiting to see if it will catch on.. Well it has! This most recent version of the Social Media Revolution summary is filled with data which should convince even the most die hard skeptic it is time to look seriously at social media as a viable marketing strategy
- In the US Facebook has more traffic then Google – At the same time, Facebook ads, which are significantly more targeted, are also significantly less expensive.
- It took TV more than 38 years to reach an audience of 50 million viewers. Facebook reached 200 million in less then one year. Do you still think you should be spending those advertising dollars on television?
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is women, age 55 – 65. If you are selling a product directed toward households, your primary consumer is on Facebook
While everyone seems to be talking about Facebook, you can’t ignore, You Tube, and Wikapedia:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. In a society which wants you to show it, not tell it, video testimonials give prospects compelling reasons to buy your product.
- Wikapedia has more than 15 million articles. People come to the internet for information. Are you providing it?
- 78% of people believe what their peers say about a product, and only 14% believe advertising. Social media, blogs, networks give people a chance to talk about products they like, and those they don’t
According to the video: “Social media is not a fad, it is a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.” Are you ready for the shift?