Did you know:
- The first long-distance auto race in the U. S. was held May 30, 1911, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- The movie “Hard Rain” was filmed in Huntingburg.
- The first professional baseball game was played in Fort Wayne on May 4, 1871
- At one time Studebaker Company of South Bend was the nation’s largest producer of horse-drawn wagons.
- Santa Claus, Indiana receives over one half million letters and requests at Christmas time.
- David Letterman, host of television’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” was born April 12, 1947, in Indianapolis.
- James Dean, a popular movie star of the 1950s in such movies as “East of Eden” and “Rebel without a Cause”, was born February 8, 1941, in Marion
So in celebration of all things Indiana, this week Roundpeg Radio is dedicated to our home state. So help us build our play list by sending us your song by a local artist, or about something Indiana based. Drop us a tweet @roundpegradio or post your recommendation here. Remember the play list will be up all week, so you can hear your favorites over and over again.
NOTE: The widget takes a minute to load, and you’ll have to refresh to see the new songs. Make sure your speakers are on!
And if you liked our Indiana Trivia check here for more: http://www.50states.com/facts/indiana.htm