Kyle Lacy, and I were chatting recently about our favorite blogs. Ok, so we were texting, but that is almost the same thing, isn’t it? Anyway, he suggested we each create a list of our top 50 blogs.
At first I was a bit intimidated – 50 blogs did I really read that many? But I figured what the heck it would be fun to see how many I came up with.
Then, when Kyle sent me this cool graphic, I discovered I don’t follow instructions well. You see – Kyle is writing about his top 50 here in Indy, and I just picked my top 50. While many are local, I also follow some really cool folks around the world.
I have tried to group them in some semblance of an order – with a brief description. Color coding – Red indicates an Indy Blog.
If you are not familiar with some of these, check them out! And add your favorites!
- Kyle Lacy’s Thoughts on Social Media – Social Media, Marketing, & occasional Social Commentary
- Chris Brogan – Social Media, Social Media, Social Media
- Chris Baggott’s Guide to Blogging – Social Media, Company Blog
- MediaSauce Blog – Social Media, Marketing – Company Blog
- Collin Clark – Indy Awesome Blog – Social Media, Web Design – New on the blog scene, but interesting
- Noah Coffey – Social Media, Marketing
- Chris Garret – the Business of Blogging and New Media – Social Media
- TwitTip – Social Media as the Name Implies, Specifically Twitter
- ProBlogger – Social Media
- Micheal Fruchter – My Thoughts on Social Media – Social Media, Marketing
- Tim O’Reily Radar – Technology, Social Media,
- Groundswell – Social Media
- Jason Baer Where Social Media and Email Collide – Social Media, Marketing
- Seth Godin – Social Commentary, Social Media, Marketing
- Jim Brown Monopolized Chaos – Social Commentary, Politics, Social Media
- Deep Ripples – SEO Blog -SEO, Social Media, Marketing
- SEO Boy – Hannipin Marketing – SEO, Social Media, Marketing
- Gravy Masters – SEO, Social Media
- Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba – Church of the Customer, Social Commentary, Marketing
- BNPostive’s Blog – Social Commentary with a decidedly Indy Perspective
- Jared Young – The Original Quill – Marketing for Small Biz Owners
- Chad Meyers – Three Hats Marketing – Marketing and Branding
- Duct Tape Marketing –Marketing, Social Media – Sometimes a bit commercial, but good content mostly
- Amber Naslund – The Brand Box – Marketing, Branding and Social Media
- Marketing Profs – My Daily Fix – Marketing
- Jim Connolly’s Marketing Blog – Marketing & Networking – Practical Tips
- Jim Cota – Marketing, Life as a Dad, ( I also like Jim’s columns in the IBJ)
- Jason Falls – Social Media Explorer – PR, Social Media and Marketing
- The Buzz Bin – PR, Marketing, Social Media
- Mark Story – The Intersection of Online and Offline – PR in the Digital Age
- Kevin Eikenberry – Leadership
- Louis Gray – Technology ( Particularly New Web Aps) and the implications on Social Media
- Doug Karr – Marketing Technology Blog – Technology, Marketing – My Go-To resource for WordPress
- Michael Wolf – Greywolf SEO Blog – Technology and SEO
- BlueLock – Technology, Cloud Computing
- Rich Miller Data Center Knowledge – Technology – Nice balance between tech news & opinion
- Nicholas Carr – Rough Type – Technology, Cloud Computing
- Techy Pundit – Technology, Business and Cloud Computing
- Robert Scoble – Scobleizer – Technology, Social Media
- Patric Welch What’s Noo? – Technology with a sense of humor
- Erik Deckers – The Laughing Stalk – Humor and Social Commentary
- Capitol Watch Blog – Politics – This is my favorite for local and national politics because the authors represent such opposing political views. My favorite Jenn ( very liberal left wing democrat) and her worthy opponent, Abdul, (very conservative, right wing republican) present the inside scoop with insight, humor, and a even a bit of sarcasm
- The Huffington Post – Politics from a Very Liberal Perspective
- Indy-Biz – Indy Focused – News about the Indianapolis Small Business Community
- I Choose Indy – Indy Focused content provided by community at large – best of Indy
- Guy Kawasaki – How to Change the World – Smart Stuff – Entrepreneurship, Technology, Social Media
- Harvard Management Update – Smart Stuff on Business, Politics, Economics, etc
- TED – Ideas Worth Spreading – Smart Stuff – Technology, Education, Design, Science, Creativity, etc
- John Byrne – Editor BusienssWeek.com What’s Your Story – Smart Stuff, Business, Technology, Politics
- Mooshinindy – Photography
And a few extra’s these are friends who are using blogs in an interesting way to promote their business. Way to go!
- Hartman Inventory – Company Blog, Inventory Service
- Barb Jones – Biz Customs – Business Etiquette
- Safari Solutions – Company Blog, HR Tips
And if I have missed your favorite – Add it here, then bookmark this page, and come back from time to time to see what others have to say. Haven’t had enough? I found this: 100 Blogs That Will Make You Smarter. I have not had a chance to check out the whole list but thought I would put the link here so I can find it from time to time.
What are your top Blogs, Let Roundpeg know today!